Monday 21 March 2022

Brain Zaps


It happens very rarely - one hit me just last week. A "brain zap".

It feels as if the brain has been suddenly jolted by electricity or a strong electric charge, like a flash of bright light inside your head. It's not painful.

It's a very surreal feeling, and it only lasts for a split second... but still, it was like, "Woah! What the...?!?"

Very weird, I must say! It doesn't affect me in any other way whatsoever, just the sudden startledness, that's all. There is nothing to be alarmed about... just some neurons up there, trying to re-route a nerve message past some small scarring/lesions ("Sclerosis") in my grey matter, is all. Very surreal.

I think I was feeling pretty tired/weary at the time. They might be a small MS side-symptom of the "brain fog" (it's certainly different to "the dizzies"), or something to do with my anxiety or something to do with the small lesions in my brain - who knows? It's an interesting journey of discovery, isn't it?

They do not happen at all very often for me.


Blog: Brain Zap II



Bookmark this page: MS Brain Zap

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment